Charity Work and
Member success stories
EK Fitness isn't just a gym, its a community and a family where everyone supports each other. We run numerous charity events, support local sports activities and help our community wherever we can.
- We run currently have 2 collection boxes running in the gym
- The first being the local food bank who have been struggling recently and asking for more donations.
- The second being a collection for blankets, food and toys for the local dog shelters as winter beings to approach.
Sponsored Half Marathon
- On the 1st October 2023. 3 members will be taking part in Congleton Half Marathon for charity raising over £300 to date and counting.
Women in Business Days
- We run open days inviting local businesses ran by ladies to set up stalls and sell their products while getting their names noticed in the community.
- Keep your eyes pealed next our next one is commng soon!
Local Sports Sponsorship
- We support local female football clubs and the university girls team providing kit and equipment.
- We have sponsered City Of Stoke Women Football Club with Jumpers and are a sponsor on there home kit.
- We run coffee and bingo mornings for members and local ladies to come and meet new perople, socialise, and get out the house
- Some coffee mornings have been to raise money for charitys such as Glow which is the local women refuge.
Staff Charity Boxing
- In 2021 Kate (Manager) took part in a charity boxing match for Cancer Research raising over £600.
Raffles and Charity Collections
- Throught the year we run several raffles to raise money for local charities for the local women’s refuge as all children deserve presents at christmas, collecting 30+ gifts.
- At easter we collected over 50 easter eggs.
- During winter we run collections for local animal charities taking food, toys and blankets.
Sponsored Mountain Climb
- In 2019 we provided clothing and equipment to a member who tackled Mt. Kilimanjaro. Also giving bedding and blankets for a charity in Bristol which was close to her heart.
- In 2018 16 members / staff climbed Mt.Snowdon raising money for 3 local charities totalling £3,000. In 2022 we redid the climb with more members showing the ladies they can achieve anything they put there mind to.
Sponsored Bike Ride
- In 2021 one of our members Rose did a 600-mile bike ride on the gym bikes to riase money for the British Heart Foundation. She raised a total of £831. This was to mark the 60 year anniversary of her open heart surgery.
Run For Oakley
- In 2020 a member Katie lost someone suddenly that was close to her heart. Oakley was a close friend and huge in the running community. In memory of him Cheadle running club put together a 4 mile run to raise money which Katie took part in.
- In 2021 member Emma did a challenge of running 30 miles within the month and completed it in just 10 runs. This was to raise money for the COVID ward at our local hopsital. (Royal Stoke). By doing this she raised enough to buy 4 ipads to help patient communicate with familes as well as goodies for the staff.
- Mandy has been a member here since the start. When she joined she had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Her aim was to get her food and training under control. In 2019 after her 3rd bootcamp she was given the all clear from her DR and has reversed her diabetes.